Looking to Hire a Professional Garden Expert?
Get the garden you deserve
Work with a Kew Gardens and Royal Horticultural Society trained garden consultant, with over 25 years experience dedicated to helping you achieve your perfect garden and indoor green space.
Why Choose Me?
From the humblest backyard to the grandest stately home restoration, people passionate about realising their gardens potential have chosen me.
What My Clients Say
From the humble backyard garden to the grandest stately home restoration, it has been my privilege to work with amazing clients in the realisation of their green space goals.
Questions & Answers
Because I share your passion and love what I do! I won’t blind you with botanical Latin or make false promises, but I will over-deliver, it’s just what I do. I’m a Consultant Member of The Gardener’s Guild with over twenty-five years of working with High Net Worth individuals, hotels, interior and garden designers, people from all walks of life and situations. I’m also a ‘Plant Doctor’ for Crocus.co.uk. I’m ethical, honest, and follow the horticultural industry’s professional code of conduct here. If it’s about help with plants, gardens and people then what are you waiting for?
You might need a Garden Consultant if (for example):
– You own a large garden or grounds. Proper and timely management can reduce wasted effort and reduce costs.
– You are a Property Management company or organisation that needs independent advice before spending client funds.
– You want to restore a garden of historical interest or character.
– You want someone to teach you how to maintain your own garden.
– You want a maintenance schedule that you can give to staff or use yourself.
– You’ve got ideas for your garden and want someone to discuss them with before you start.
– You want to start growing vegetables and fruit but need guidance getting started.
– You just want a second opinion on a garden matter.
– You need an invasive species formally identified.
– You have organised a garden party/event and want a qualified gardener to give demonstrations or answer questions from your friends and/or guests.
I offer independent advice, planting ideas and plans, and hands-on technical pruning services. If it’s green and growing then I can deal with any problem you have or solution you need. I operate in the south midlands (UK), and Cotswold area, but work remotely to help those further afield. I do not build gardens but can introduce you to reputable landscapers following our initial consultation. I specialise in pruning, plant selection and border design, topiary clipping and productive/ornamental kitchen gardens. I also create bespoke interior green spaces for events and have a background in garden design and floristry. For more details on the services I offer click here.
I follow the the ethical and pricing guidelines of The Professional Gardener’s Guild here. I charge a fixed fee of £40 per hour for a ‘Walk and Talk’ visit and verbal advice only; this is a good way to see if we are a good fit, and you can ask me anything! I charge £480 per day including all expenses and follow up reports, but have half-day and hourly rates available depending on your distance and requirements. My objective is to give you information that will help you save money in the long term. I do not charge for follow-up calls and emails.